Information Technology Services
Napa County Information Technology Services (ITS) provides technology services and solutions to all 18 County departments, as well as a range of technology services to five special districts within the County. Each of these functional areas and special districts provide their unique services to the Napa County community and ITS plays a strategic role in fulfilling technology needs in support of these varying businesses.
- Designs, implements and maintains a scalable, reliable architecture that supports the networking goals of Napa County which is necessary to secure, support, protect, and enhance our County’s workforce in their daily jobs.
- Provides desktop services which address technical issues, access management, and hardware/software configuration, maintenance and replacement.
- Provides departmental specific services including software solutions to help with process improvements and technology solutions to improve departmental operations.
- Administers the Geographic Information System which brings land use, environmental, emergency, utilities, and other valuable mapping information to everyone living or working in Napa County.
- Provides enterprise services focusing on Countywide technology solutions, which includes assistance in business process improvement and provides inter-agency data sharing.
- Responsible for providing technical project services in the management of enterprise wide projects.
- Provides County departments with records management and inter-office mail services.
- Designs, installs, manages and maintains telephone systems and public safety radio systems.
- Drafts and monitors department budgets, contracts, board items, and other administrative functions.