Career Online High School
Napa County Library, in partnership with the California State Library and Smart Horizons, part of Cengage Learning, offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online through Career Online High School (COHS). The library's program provides scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to earn their high school diploma and expand their career opportunities.
COHS through the Napa County Library is open to eligible Napa County residents. Applicants who successfully complete the online registration (survey) and prerequisite course are invited to an in-person interview. Successful applicants will be enrolled in the program. To apply for a scholarship for COHS, you must:
- Live in the County of Napa
- Be 19 years or older as of January 1, 2016
- Complete the registration suvey
- Have a Napa County Library Card
- Commit to 10 hours per week to study and complete coursework
Once enrolled in the program, COHS pairs each student with an online academic coach. The academic coach offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance, and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students are given up to 18 months to complete the program.
The scholarships are funded by the Napa County Library and the California State Library and are free to participating students.
If you are selected for the program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take a 2-week prerequisite course. Upon completion, you can enroll in the full program.
- Take classes online - You will have the flexibility to access classwork anytime.
- Be supported by certified instructors and an academic coach.
- Earn an accredited high school diploma while preparing for a career in one of 8 high-demand, high-growth fields.
- Graduate with the tools to advance in your profession or take the next step in your education.
If you have questions, visit the COHS website, or call 707-253-4610.