Career Online High School
Napa County Library, in partnership with the California State Library and Gale, part of Cengage Learning, offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online through Career Online High School. The library's pilot program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry and continue their education.
Career Online High School through the Napa County Library is open to eligible Napa County residents. Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview, will be considered for enrollment. To apply for a scholarship for Career Online High School, you must:
- Live in the County of Napa
- Be 19 years or older as of January 1, 2016
- Take the self-assessment
- Possess or register for a Napa County Library Card
- Commit 10 hours per week to study and complete coursework
Once enrolled in the program, Career Online High School pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
The program will provide eight scholarships for Napa County residents that will cover COHS program expenses. The scholarships are funded by the Napa County Library and the California State Library.
If you are selected for the program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take a 2-week prerequisite course. Upon completion, you can enroll in the full program.
- Take classes online - You will have the flexibility to access classwork anytime.
- Be supported by certified instructors and an academic coach.
- Earn an accredited high school diploma while preparing for a career in one of 8 high-demand, high- growth fields.
- Graduate with the tools to advance in your profession or take the next step in your education.
If you have questions, visit the Career Online High School website, or call 707-253-4237.