Medical Marijuana Identification Cards
The California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP) was specifically established to create a State-authorized medical marijuana identification card (MMIC), along with a registry database for verification of qualified patients and their primary caregivers.
The Napa County Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) program provides patients with an ID card to show they have a recommendation from their physician to use marijuana for medicinal purposes.
The card can assist law enforcement officials in determining whether an individual using marijuana meets the requirements of the Compassionate Use Act, which states that, with the recommendation of a physician, a patient may obtain and use marijuana for personal medical purposes.
Appointment Required to Apply
You must make an appointment with the Napa County Office of Vital Statistics to apply for a card. Please call us at 707-253-4506 to schedule an appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
The qualified patient will need to provide the following at the appointment:
- A completed MMIC application
- Government-issued photo identification
- Proof of residency within Napa county
- Your current Medi-Cal or County Medical Services Program (CMSP) card if you are a Medi-Cal or CMSP beneficiary
- Written Documentation from your doctor recommending marijuana is appropriate for one or more serious medical conditions you suffer from. Your doctor may use the Written Documentation of Patient’s Medical Records form to serve as the medical documentation or another form of recommendation.
- The patient’s attending physician must also comply with all provisions of the Business and Professions Code Division 2. Chapter 5. Article 25. The MMIC Physician Attestation form can be completed and submitted with the application to fulfill this requirement.
- $50 for Medi-Cal recipients
- $0 for CMSP recipients
Methods of Payment
- Check or Money Order (Payment made to “County of Napa")
- Credit or Debit Card (there is a fee of $2.50 for this service)