If I am approved to receive benefits, how do I access them?

You may choose to have your payments issued either on a plastic debit card called the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card or directly to your bank account each month.

Your cash aid benefits are automatically placed on your EBT card within the first three days of each month depending on your case number. If you have elected to receive your cash aid through direct deposit to your bank account, you will receive your benefits on the first day of each month.

For more information on how to use your EBT card please click here for English or here for Spanish.

If you would like more information on how to enroll in direct deposit, please review, complete, and return the SSSD 2005 – Direct Deposit Information and Authorization. You may choose to stop direct deposit payments by contacting your Eligibility Specialist.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to have children to be eligible to CalWORKs?
2. Do I have to be a US citizen to be eligible?
3. What if I have a cash emergency?
4. How much income is used to calculate the CalWORKs cash aid amount?
5. If I receive Supplemental Security Income / State Supplemental Paymentam I eligible for CalWORKs?
6. If I am approved to receive benefits, how do I access them?
7. What happens if my Electronic Bank Transfer card is not working?
8. What if I have lost my Electronic Bank Transfer card?