If I get a job, how will what I earn affect my benefits?

CalWORKs can still help you, even if you become employed. Working families receive certain deductions from their earnings, so they may still qualify for cash aid. Some people choose to stop their case if they make enough to reduce their grant substantially, so they can save their “Once-in-a-lifetime” 48 months Time Limits for future emergencies. Even if you are no longer eligible to CalWORKs, or choose to stop your case, you may still receive CalFresh and Medi-Cal for your family. You may also qualify for Job Retention Services. Ask your Employment Services Worker for more information.
Now that you have earnings, you may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. View more information.
Learn more about how Work Pays!

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to have children to be eligible for the Welfare to Work program?
2. What if I am told I have to participate but I am unable to?
3. If I get a job, how will what I earn affect my benefits?
4. What happens if I do not participate?
5. How do I cure my sanction?
6. What will I do with my children while I am participating?
7. I need help with mileage or transportation to participate in my activity; can I get help with this?