How often must training occur?

All employees who handle pesticides must be trained on an annual basis, prior to the handling of any pesticide by a California certified commercial applicator or a California certified private applicator. The training must be documented annually and cover specific topics which are listed in Title 3 California Code of Regulations, Section 6724. The program used to train the employee must be put in writing. This written training program must describe the materials and information that was used to train the employee. Fieldworkers must be trained every five years, at a bare minimum. Although there are currently no requirements for a written training program for fieldworkers, a training record form is available online and at our office.

Show All Answers

1. How much are the Napa County Agricultural Commissioner's Office fees?
2. Do I need a certificate, permit or license before I can purchase a pesticide for use on my own property?
3. Do I need to submit a Pesticide Use Report? When are Use Reports due in your office?
4. How often must training occur?
5. If I have concerns about nearby pesticide use, what can I do?
6. How do insect traps benefit our county?
7. What if I do not want to have a trap on my property?
8. Why is the Glassy-winged Sharpshooter a threat to Napa County?
9. Why is Napa County so concerned about the Glassy-winged Sharpshooter when it is only a threat to vineyards?
10. What is Napa County doing to stop the spread of the Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter?
11. What can I do to prevent Glassy-winged Sharpshooter from entering Napa County?
12. Where can I find information about ant control and ant bait stations?
13. Where can I send my plant or soil sample to be tested for disease and/or deficiencies?
14. Where do I go to have a plant or weed identified?
15. Where do I go to have an insect identified?