What design professionals will I need to hire as I rebuild my home?

It depends on the design of the home. At a minimum, a simple home design will require a designer, and energy consultant. More complex designs will require a licensed design professional including but not limited to an architect, a civil or structural engineer, a geotechnical engineer, and an energy consultant.

Show All Answers

1. Can my structure be rebuilt if it is destroyed by fire?
2. Is a Building Permit required to repair damage to a structure?
3. If I had an issued permit on a parcel for a burned structure what happens with that permit?
4. What are the submittal requirements for a rebuild permit?
5. Will any fees be waived for reconstruction in the fire area?
6. If I increase the size of my home when I rebuild, will I have to pay permit fees and school fees on the increased square footage?
7. What is the estimated processing and/or approval time for a rebuild permit?
8. Will prioritizing a fire rebuild project affect the processing and/or approval time of standard non-fire related projects?
9. What will the processing and/or approval time be for a rebuild permit?
10. Am I required to rebuild the same square footage or within the original footprint that I previously had?
11. What will be considered a like for like replacement of the primary residence or other structure(s)?
12. When a structure is rebuilt, must it be built in compliance with current building codes?
13. What design professionals will I need to hire as I rebuild my home?
14. When rebuilding, do I need to do Energy Calculations and comply with the provisions of CALGreen?
15. If a home that burned down had an EPA compliant wood stove in it, can another be reinstalled?
16. Do Wildland Urban Interface (California Building Code Chapter R337 WUI/SRA) construction methods and materials apply to rebuilding?
17. Can a structure be rebuilt on a fire-damaged foundation?
18. What testing methods and/or suitability analysis will be required to utilize fire damaged foundations?
19. Can I leave my damaged foundation in place and enclose my old foundation with a new foundation?
20. Will my replacement home require fire sprinklers?
21. Do I need a licensed fire protection contractor to design and install the sprinkler system?
22. Will I need to upgrade my driveway entrance or road when rebuilding after the fire?
23. Must fire clearing and access width requirements be met for all rebuilds in High & Very High Fire Severity Zones?
24. Will the County require evidence of a legal lot and approved gross square footages prior to issuance of a new building permit?
25. Do I need a Grading Permit to rebuild?
26. Can I install a temporary trailer on my property during my rebuild?
27. What is one of the first steps I should do in the rebuild process?
28. Do I need sprinklers in my new structure?
29. What are some of the Napa County Fire Marshal’s rebuild requirements?