Who is eligible to receive In-Home Support Services?

An applicant must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien and a California resident
  • Be aged (65 years or older), blind or have a permanent disability expected to last 12 months or more
  • Receive Medi-Cal (with or without share of cost) or SSI / SSP benefits
  • Be living at home. Home is any place the applicant chooses to live and could be a house, apartment, hotel or the home of a relative
  • Be 'at risk' of out of home placement, such as a skilled nursing facility or board and care, if they do not receive In-Home Support Services
  • Have a licensed health care professional complete a Health Care Certification form verifying the applicant needs In-Home Support Services

For further information, contact us at 707-253-3818.

Show All Answers

1. What is In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)?
2. What services does the In-Home Support Services program provide?
3. Who is eligible to receive In-Home Support Services?