I have slow drainage through my toilets, showers, and sinks. What can I do about it?

The first thing to do is to contact the District main office at 707-259-8600 (M-F 8 am – 5pm), or the operations team at 916-584-1893 at any time to request service. An NBRID crewmember will come to your house to determine if the problem is the responsibility of NBRID or the property owner. If the problem is in our line, we’ll take care of it. If NBRID operators discover that the problem is in the property owner’s lateral sewer line or plumbing fixtures, you may need to make repairs yourself or call a plumber.

Show All Answers

1. Who is responsible for sewer repairs?
2. How can I find out where a sewer problem is?
3. Sewage is backing up into my house/building through overflowing toilets, sinks, bathtubs, dishwasher, and/or washing machines. What should I do?
4. Sewage is overflowing from a cleanout or manhole onto the ground, driveway, street, etc. What should I do?
5. I have slow drainage through my toilets, showers, and sinks. What can I do about it?
6. I paid a plumber to repair my sewer lateral line. It turns out the problem was occurring in the public sewer line. Can I be reimbursed for my plumbing bill?
7. How do I proceed with a sewer lateral repair problem?
8. Is there information available on the history or cleaning frequency of a sewer line?
9. There is a manhole cover in my neighborhood that rattles every time a vehicle drives over it. What can I do about it?
10. What can I do about terrible sewer odors?
11. Can I pour paint that down the drain?
12. Is there any assistance for low-income households?
13. How can I connect to an existing sewer?
14. Can I tour the wastewater treatment plant?
15. I know I shouldn’t flush old medications down the toilet; where can I take them?