Planning, Building & Environmental Services
NEW! Attention Customers: The Building Division is experiencing delays in permit processing and inspection scheduling, due to recent staff shortages and increased applications, We have brought in additional outside consultant services and staff to minimize any delays. Please contact the Building Official if you have an urgent matter. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time and look forward to returning to our normal level of service as soon as possible.
WILDFIRE RECOVERY INFORMATION: Hennessey Fire and Glass Fire 2020 If your property was damaged or destroyed, we are here to help. Visit the Rebuilding After the Fire website for information on the clean up and rebuilding process, or visit the Local Assistance Center (LAC) website for additional fire recovery information and resources.
County Adopts Resolution No. 2021-16 to update COVID-19 temporary measures for health and safety business operations. To submit, please download the fillable Notice of Intent forms for Temporary Measures for COVID-19 Application Form or the Fire-Related Host Winery Business Operations Application, and then upload the completed form(s) to our PBES cloud services here and PBES staff will be notified that it has been submitted.
Current County Bid Opportunity related to Regional Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission and Inventory Update: Napa County Procurement Webpage
Maps and More: PBES Citizen Toolbox
Explore PBES Citizen Tools below. Explore maps, apps, and data from our department. Check back often - we’re always working on new tools.
For a one-stop-shop of all things maps and data, please visit the map explorer website or click on the image below (please note that this app will not work in Internet Explorer):
For more content-specific maps, please try one of these:
- Frequently Asked Questions about Measure D (PDF)
- Available: Check out our online permit options for licensed contractors.
- Notice! The Planning, Building and Environmental Services Department has completed scanning all property records and have converted them to electronic records, which are available on the County website via the Electronic Document Retrieval. If you are unable to locate your records online please send an email with the specific information you are looking for to [email protected]. Please note, In some cases the electronic copies can only be viewed in our office due to copyright restrictions.
- Notice! Latest Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Mapping - Floodplain
- Updated: Wastewater System (AB 885)
- New: Agricultural Protection Advisory Committee (APAC)
- New: Napa County BOS Comment Letter_Fire Safe Regulations 3/17/2021 (PDF)
- Notice! Update to Water Availability Analysis