Our mission is to serve our community by providing for a safe and healthy environment for our citizens and their animals while promoting animal welfare and education about responsible pet ownership.
See pictures of some of the animals adopted out of our animal shelter.
Programs & Services
- Pet Adoptions
- Lost and Found Pets
- Dog License Information
- Disaster Kits
- Vaccination Clinics: Please visit the Napa Humane website for information on weekly actual-cost rabies vaccinations and other low-cost services or VIP Petcare Services for additional clinic dates and locations (including weekends).
- Kennel Permits: The Napa County Animal Shelter permits and inspects kennels with five or more animals. If you wish to open a shelter you need to start with your local planning department for appropriate land use permits. A condition of approval of that use permit will be that you obtain a kennel permit from the Animal Shelter.
- Cat Trap Rental Agreement (PDF) Opens a New Window. : The Napa County Animal Shelter will rent traps for cats. If you are having a problem with feral cats in your neighborhood you can partner with us and agree to trap the feral cat and have it returned to the same neighborhood after it is spayed or neutered. Call the Animal Shelter for more information on this program.
- Search for local pet-friendly housing rentals using the Zumper website Opens a New Window. .
- Dog License Fees
- Adoption Fees (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Complete List of Animal Shelter Fees (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Dog Bites: Prevention & Treatment
- Become a Volunteer!
- Become a Foster Parent!
- Why spay/neuter?
- Donations Wish List (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- County Code Relating to Animals
- Asilomar Accords 2017 (PDF) Opens a New Window. and Live Release Rate 2017 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Asilomar Accords 2016 (PDF) Opens a New Window. and Live Release Rate 2016 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Asilomar Accords 2015 (PDF) Opens a New Window. and Live Release Rate 2015 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Napa County Animal Shelter and Adoption Center would like to thank the following businesses and organizations for partnering with us to make our shelter successful and for providing supplies and services for all of our animals:
- A big thank you to our local Bay Area and Napa Valley rescues and animal shelters for their assistance in animal welfare. It takes a village!
- Napa Valley Dog Training Club, Inc.-$10 gift certificate toward a training class with each dog adopted
- Critter Comforters- hand made comforters and blankets for all our adoptable animals
- Dog World- grooming services to our adoptable animals that need to be ‘trimmed up’
- Sally Seymour of Seymour & McIntosh Photography for donating their professional services and providing portraits of our adoption animals
- Pet Food Express for their partnership in our Cat Adoption Center.
- Bissell Pet Foundation: host of Empty the Shelter, grants, fundraising, Bissell products.