In-Home Support Services Public Authority
During the Shelter at Home Public Health Order, the IHSS Public Authority will continue to offer provider orientations by appointment and will be responding to provider questions and concerns via telephone only. Replacement timesheets may be issued by mail only. If you are a recipient in a need of a list of registry care providers, please call 707-259-8359 or click here to email the Public Authority.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
What We Do
- Provide information and assistance to In-Home Support Services (IHSS) clients who need help selecting a home care provider
- Maintain a Registry of Care Providers
- Provide a list of screened home care providers for IHSS clients to interview
- Help IHSS clients conduct interviews to help them choose a qualified and compatible home care provider
- Provide training opportunities for providers on CPR / First Aid, caregiving skills, best practices, communication, and other relevant topics
- Provide opportunities for caregiver support
- Conflict resolution
- The IHSS Public Authority is the “Employer of Record” for all IHSS providers for the purposes of collective bargaining and working conditions
Who Can Be a Provider
Potential providers must pass a background screening process (including criminal record) and attend program orientation. Employment hours are flexible and are determined by the individual recipient who is authorized to receive IHSS.
Become a Care Provider for the Public Authority
To apply for the Public Authority Registry please fill out the application. Once completed, you can submit the application by, emailing the application, faxing it to 707-259-8338, or mailing it to:
IHSS Public Authority
650 Imperial Way
Napa, CA 94559
Once your application is received you will be contacted to discuss the next steps.
Submit an Application
- Please call the Public Authority at 707-259-8359 with any questions. Thank you for your interest!
Training Opportunities & Events
Caregiver Resources & Support Groups
Caregiver Permit Program
Visit our Caregiver Permit Program webpage to find information on obtaining, or verifying, a Caregiver Permit
Napa Valley Caregivers Support Group
- Meets at:
414 South Jefferson Street
Napa, CA 94559
- 1st Thursday of each month from 1 to 3 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Phone: 707-258-9080 or 707-258-9087 (Spanish)
Redwood Caregiver Resource Center
- 141 Stoney Circle
Santa Rosa, CA 95401.
- Alexis Glidewell, Holly Rylance, Lisa Burquist, Family Consultants
- Phone: 800-834-1636 or 707-542-0282
- Information, referrals, legal advice, counseling, support groups, care options, assistance etc. for families and caregivers of brain-impaired adults: Alzheimer’s, other cognitive disorders
- 414 South Jefferson Street
Napa, CA 94559
- Phone: 707-258-9080
- Collabria Care professionals and volunteers are specially trained to give compassionate medical care, ease communication, and provide support to family caregivers to boost their confidence and to assure that their loved one is comfortable.