Napa Main Library
The Napa County Library Main Branch was the result of the efforts of a group of 19th century young men who called themselves “The Excelsior Club.” They developed a small collection over the years to serve the Napa community, and that collection was taken over by the City of Napa in 1885. In 1901, George E Goodman donated a building for housing the library-the Goodman Library-which served the citizens of Napa for 60 years.
In 1916, the State of California passed legislation that allowed counties to establish free public libraries, and the Napa County Board of Supervisors then established the Napa County Free Library, located just three blocks from the Goodman Library in downtown Napa. In 1963, the Napa City Library merged with the Napa County Free Library. In order to better serve the growing service area, and with a combination of funds from the library, the Friends of the Library, and federal and local grants, the current library on Coombs Street was built in 1974 and expanded in the 1990s.
Wi-Fi available? Yes
Public computers? Yes, 37 computers for public use
Color copying and printing? Yes, $0.50 per page
Black & white copying and printing? Yes, $0.10 per page
Mobile printing? Yes, see the Mobile Printing page.
Scanner? Yes, no charge
Fax machine? Yes
Public meeting rooms available? Yes, see Meeting Room Rentals Opens a New Window.
Study Rooms? Yes
Programs and events for all ages? Yes, see the calendar
- Magazines for all ages
- Subscriptions to national and area newspapers
- Books, DVDs, music CDs, and audiobooks
- eReaders, Flip cameras, and learning tablets
Sat Jul. 17 - Sun Jul. 25
Tue Jul. 27
Tue Jul. 27
Wed Jul. 28 - Wed Aug. 11
Wed Jul. 28
Thu Jul. 29 - Thu Aug. 12